babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, January 10, 2005

Mellow SP Questionaire


All about you:

1. Do you have skillz? (beginner/adv. beginner/intermediate, etc): I'd say I'm intermediate. I've done most things, but not necessarily very well

2. How long have you been knitting? Little over 5 years

3. What are your favorite fiber colors? Greens, blues, purples....rich jewel tones. I like brights too, pretty much anything but pastels

4. Are there any fiber colors that make you want to hurl? If so which? most acrylics - I don't like knitting with them.. I'm not fond of mohair either. Any kind of fluffy yarn.

5. Other than bran, what are your favorite fibers? Merino wool, cashmere, silk, soy, bamboo...I love it all!

6. We all know you love your stash children equally but, what is your favorite yarn to knit with and why? Currently, it's a tie between KnitPicks Swish & Mission Falls Wool 1824. I know they will pill in a second, but I love knitting with them

7. Do you prefer stripes, solids, heathered, or some other kind of color combo (or lack thereof) that I didn't think of? I don't really have a preference...I like all kinds of yarn color combos!

8. Other than fiberglass, do you have any unwelcome fibers (stuff you just don't need more of or like?) I don't really need more Shine worsted - I went a little crazy to make facecloths & now I have a ton! So probably not more cotton.

9a. What is your Dream Yarn, the yarn you would marry if only the government would approve of your love? Manos, I think, I just recently used it & love it so so much

9b. Is there a yarn that you loathe and despise so much that the very earth may open up and swallow the place where it's produced? If so by all means, warn us! I cannot stand WoolEase or the like. I'm not big on a lot of craft store yarns -I hate fun fur/fluffy mess yarns. They can go jump in a volcano

9c. Rate your stash on a scale of 1 (just enough to finish WIPs) to 10 (SABLE). 7.5 - I need to cut back but I don't think it's too out of control

10. Novelty yarns: super cool or blight on the earth? How about the stuff made with them? blight of the earth. I'm a borring ol' wooly girl


Random Question 1. Peanut Butter - Smooth or Chunky? Smooth!

11. Do you prefer straight or circular needles (are there any sizes you really need)? How about DPNs? Circulars all the way! I want to get some smaller sizes of circs - 0US to 5US (except #4s) to make socks on 2 circs. I love my dpts - I have most sizes except 0US & 2US

12. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic, or birch? Have you perhaps found some new needle material to covet? Most of my needles are bamboo or birch...metal & aluminum hurt my hands if I use them too long.

13a. Do you spin or crochet? No to both. I have nothing against either of them,,,but they are not for me.

13b. If you crochet, do actually enjoy it or is it a means to an end (like for finishing)? I can crochet for finishing but that's it.

13c. If you spin do you use a wheel, spindle, or just run around in circles like Ali? Heh. N/A

14. What is the next thing you want to learn (techniques etc)? I want to dye yarn...I've tried kool-aid but I want richer, deeper colours

15a. What item(s) do you knit the most? probably socks...scarves...hats

15b. Anything you'll never knit again? Nothing comes to mind.

16. What are your favorite items to knit? sweaters/cardis in the round...I just haven't had much time the past couple of months.

17. What are you knitting right now? Finishing holiday/birthday gifts - hats & faceclothes. Nothing terribly thrilling.

18. Any projects you haven't gotten to yet? Stop laughing, regain composure, we'll wait. Okay seriously, what are you dying to knit that you haven't gotten to yet? Green Gable . I'm also dying to knit Wicked but I'm not letting myself buy it because then I'd have to buy the yarn & it would probably sit around for months like Green Gable

Wants and Nots:

19a. Do you have any food, fiber, smoke, pet allergies your SP should be aware of? Nope!

19b. Do you smoke, have pets, or process peanuts where you store your yarn? If so, please declare them here: I smoke...but not near my yarn or even in the house. I have a cat who gets everywhere

20. Do you have an Amazon.com wishlist you'd like to share with your SP (please add URL if applicable)? Update! I do now! Stacey's WishList

21. Anything you've been longing for or would really love to get (knitting or not)? I'm dying to even feel Malabrigo...I hear it's the god of all yarn but none of the LYS carry it. Same with a sweater stone & one of those cool yarn cutters.

22. What about stuff you don't need at all? Coffee probably - both the boyfriend & I run cafes.

23. What about knitting accessories? Any and all...I have nothing fun for that. Stitch markers, ball winders, yarn cutter, etc.

24. Do you have hobbies other than knitting (tv, sports, collectibles, favorite things)? I run a cafe, so I'm a big coffee nerd. I love to play with cool paper & pens. I'm trying to get back into going to the gym. I'm a big fan of a lot of the HBO series especially Deadwood. And my all time favourite tv show is The Daily Show. I'm a big ol' bookworm.

RQ2. What's your favorite dog breed and why? I love Old English Sheepdogs. We had one when I was young & I would love to have one again. But we're not home enough to care for a dog at the moment

25. Carpe bibliotheca! Uh, any books you would like (knitting or not)? Heh. I also work in a bookstore, so not really. I love Jane Austen & would love to get some more cool copies of her books

26. Any magazines you would like (knitting or not)? I love mental_floss but rarely buy it. I read Interweave Knits, EW, Adbusters, other random knittng mags, Self...that's about it. Im not a big mag reader actually

27. For those of you who live outside the US, is there anything you'd like that you can't get your hands on?

28. In the event your SP lives outside the US, is there a particular yarn ,etc. you can't find in the US? No, but I would love to see cool yarns from other countries!

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (How about now? Are you singing it now?): Heh. I have the Me First & the Gimme Gimmes' version in my head now.

29. Who/What is your favorite...
a. Chocolate: Super Dark Chocolate of any brand...the darker the better.
b. Muppet: Fozzy!
c. Cartoon Character: Sebastian from Little Mermaid
d. Flower: Honeysuckle
e. Ice Cream flavor: I can't eat ice cream (or I could but I'd feel all icky) but I love Rice Dream's Caramel Chai
f. Fragrance: Green Tea or pure rose
g. Shoes to wear: Dansko clogs
h. Type of garden: uh...a pretty one.
i. Animal: penguins!
j. Beverage: Good coffee
k. Author: Jane Austen or Jasper Fforde
l. Musician: Concrete Blonde
m. Holiday: Halloween!
n. Time of Day: Early evening
o. Bath or Shower: Bath when I have time to enjoy it
p. Country: Canada, as it's only other place I've been to other than Mexico
q. Number: 23
r. Card game: Texas Hold'em
s. Candy: Either dark chocolate or sour cadies. I don't have a big sweet tooth.

RQ3. Which of the Brady Bunch do you identify with? Jan, because I was all brainy & my (younger) sister was the popular one.

Getting to know you, getting to know ALL about you:

30a. How did you learn to knit? Started off with my mom, learned from books after that.

30b. What made you into a Knitter? Buying Stitch N' Bitch...I finally figured out what I was doing.

31a. What is your oldest UFO and how old is it? Leaf Edge Bolero - about 9 months. There might be other items lurking about at the bottem of my basket but I wil never finish them. Ever.

31b. Why haven't you finished it? Eh, I'm on the sleeves and I hate making sleeves. Plus I'm scared I gained too much weight to fit into it.

32. What is the most exciting thiing that happened to you this month, year? Moving into a house after living in city apts for years.

33. What is your favorite thing to do to waste time? Well I knit! Otherwise, I play tetris on my phone if I can't knit.

34. The things that make me the happiest are: Knitting, reading, writing, cuddling with my boy (mushy I know)

35: If you were a secret agent what would your code name be (yes, i've got james bond on my mind...Twisted Evil)? Onyx Starshine. I don't know why.

36. If you were candy would you be sweet, sour, or cinnamon? cinnamon.

37. If you were a fruit which would you be? A pear, it takes awhile to soften me up

38. Are you a Java Junkie? How about a Tea-totaler? yes & yes! I drink a lot of (good) coffee from both of our jobs & I love collecting tea from all over - I just love it.

39. Your birthday, in case it falls during the swap and your SP wants to send you a card: May 25th

RQ4. What's your story, morning glory? stumble to the kitchen, make espresso, wander around in haze until complete.

40. Do you have a personal mantra? Not really.

41. This space is for rent. How much?

42. How do you feel about holidays? Will you be celebrating any during the SP round? I'm good with most holidays. I will not be celebrating Valentine's Day. I don't need a holiday to tell my SO I love him.

43. How do you really feel about socks? I love socks! I always have, even before my knitting days. I love to wear wacky socks since I usually dress pretty conservative.

44. What is your shoe size? More specifically, if your SP were to make you some socks, what is your ankle circumference and foot length? I wear a 9 1/2 shoe size. my ankle is 9 1/2 inches, my foot length is 9 1/2. Hmm. is that normal? I've never measured my ankle before.

45. How do you feel about ponchos? not for me. Some are cool though

46. What kind of music (and/or which artists) do you listen to when you are happy? Me First & the Gimme Gimmes, The Posies, Gorillaz, Neil Diamond (especially his newer album), Joni Mitchell, actually any kind of happy alternapop I guess. I subscribe to the podcast called IndieFeed - Modern Rock and I like a lot of stuff on there.

47. Rate yourself on a girly/fruh fruh factor from 1 - 10: 4. The only really girly thing I love is Lush stuff.

48. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my DBF and I have a black kitty cat named Mina who also loves presents.

49. What are a few of your life dreams? To own my own coffeeshop, write my novel, knit out the rest of my days

RQ5. If you could pick a new name for the "rutabaga" level, what would it be? Red Heart, since we all have seemed to start out knitting that.

50. What languages do you speak (besides English, Pig Latin counts)? A little high school French, naughty words in Spanish & German

51. Hey baby, what's your sign? How about the Chinese Zodiac? Do you read your horoscope or do you think it's all bunk? Anybody think it's bunk and read it anyway? How many questions was that? Gemini. Ox (yeah, I love that). I'll glance at it on my homepage. I pretty much think it's bunk but fun. 5, including the question.

52. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? I'm actually pretty happy where I am now.

53. If you could do anything for a living what would it be? Writer.

54. If you could have any "super power" which would it be? I'd love to fly because I hate waiting for the bus

55. You're given $10,000 for traveling. Where do you go and why? Europe because I really want to go there! I would love to just travel around all over, not just the touristy places.

56. How frequently would you like to hear from your SP, and what kind of contact would you prefer? I actually don't have a preference, since this is new to me. Email, snail mail, I would love it both.

0 Comments:

<< Home