babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Sunday, August 03, 2003

I must remember to update this, since I did sign up for it.

Read 30 books in the month of July, probably half of them rereads. Best book I read was The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde. I want to live in that world. Also a great series of books along those lines is the series of Literary Puzzles by John Sutherland (starting with Is Heathcliff a Murderer?. Between the Thursday Next series & Sutherland's series, I'm way back into classic literature. May even reread Wuthering Heights even though I hated it the first time around.

Feeling very ill today. Yesterday I had the embarrassing action of actually throwing up at work. In the music dept. Luckily I was the only one around since it was before the store was open and managed to clean it up before anyone but MH noticed. Must stop smoking. Must stop drinking. Must stop eating so damn much.

Have been exchanging emails with a seemingly nice boy I met through the personals. I haven't had much luck with these, only a broken heart. Damn you Eric who pretends it's with Erik but I really know it's Eric. Trying not to be bitter (me?) but you talk so much about being honest and then when it gets sticky you bail. Fuck you.

But at least I'm trying hard to get over it instead of spending my time wallowing in self pity. Good, since it was March last time I talked to the fucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home