babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, September 04, 2003

Days and Days and Days

After that last depressing as hell post, I haven't been back. I've been on vacation for the past week - today is the last day, so so sad. I'm realzing how much my job is sucking any kind of life out of me. I hate it and I don't want to go back. I haven't even contacted anyone from work all week, for which I'm very proud of. I'm also broke as hell and I have to pay rent tommorrow - whoopie. No money for the BG for at least 2 weeks. Sigh. I'm really going to try to be better about my money.

But I had a fun weekend in Seattle - saw an incredible show with Wilco and REM. I love REM so much, and they kicked ass - they played a lot of old stuff - I can't believe they did "NightSwimming" I really wish that C wasn't so obnoxious durring the show - I wasn't even with him durring it, just N. Also this weekend realized how badly I want to live in Seattle. Applied at Amazon, where N works. I don't know if anything will come of it, and if it does, I don't know if I can afford it. But I have to try. Hopefully N will put in a good word. I realized how much N and I have in common - we're both loner types. Although he can be such an alchoholic - I guess I'm just beyond that now, drinking to get completly hammered. But the nights out were very fun - it was pretty much just me & C since E & N were down for the count. I love the clubs up there - Our Place is very fun - I got hit on twice there by boys - and it's a gay bar! Eeep. I love the Vogue too, but it's more of a memory thing.

So good weekend. Possibly could have been better minus E, who tends to get on my nerves. Sweet girl but really obnoxious at times and very demanding of attention. Much like C, but on his own, I can deal. Thought about Winnie the Pooh characters we resemble - I'm definitly Piglet - insecure, neurotic but love my friends and would do anything for them. E & C are definitly Tigger - obnoxious, center of attention, a big unfeeling to others. And N? Hmmm. He fluctuates so wildly between Eoyore and Tigger - he's always one or the other. Just add liquor. A lot of liquor.

Anyway, really need to do something today. Played Kingdom Hearts for like 12 hours yesterday. Well it's my vacation! But do need to clean and do some laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home