babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk

Got some Rufus going on right now. Actually I have this awesome mix in my cd player - lots of old power pop like Redd Kross, Jellyfish, Rufus, my beloved Posies...I'm in kinda of a bad mood so it's helping.

Actually, I'm not smoking as much (only 1 or 2 a day) and I do not like chocolate milk...mostly because I can't drink milk.

So...knitting ADD still going on. In the past 2 days I have worked on a half a dozen projects. Mom's vest (actually, I love how the yarn looks made up, if I had enough money I would attempt a sweater or cardigan), the OSW for myself (but I'm running out of yarn), *m*'s scarf, mittens for nephew C (finished one!), the Ruining-My-Life Shrug... can't work on one for more than an hour. I think part of it is feeling so restless because I haven't been smoking & part of it is because I'm running low on yarn for things I really want to finish, like the OSW. So...

As for Socktober, my socks didn't really hold up all that well. I still love them, but I need to work on getting them to fit correctly before I try to make them for other people. I do have a book on hold here at the library called Knitting on the Road I can't wait to check out. Maybe I'll actually make some decent socks.

Got this in my inbox today:


Verrrrrrry interesting... It's about the same as the cashmerino I love so much. I'm not a huge fan of Lion's because so much of it is acrylic but...if this is cheaper than Bliss's Cashmerino...I am not a rich person. (so much so I am out of coffee & cigs and have been living on peanut butter on bread that I make at home) Well, I'll have to check it out when I see it. I think I'm going to go to Lint

Work is crazy, I've been training some new girls. And then one other girl totally flaked out on me. Dude, it's retail. It's slinging coffee. It's not brain surgery. Get over yourself. My very hyper DM is coming next week, a little nervous but I still have the #1 cafe in the company. Sweet.

Okay, on to check out some new websites before my time is up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home