babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, October 10, 2005

Fucking aol

I'm at my moms, very happy to have internet access. But I had a long post & then left a couple of minutes and aol logged me off. So now I have to recreate the whole damn thing.

But I'm on vacation! At mom's, which while not exciting, is pretty relaxing. Internet (yah Daily Show!), cable, lots of knitting & reading time, free food. And helping my mom around the house, since that's why I gave up my NYC trip to see Dead Can Dance (sob). I'm really sad about that. I'm listening to them right now, although I was stupid & forgot to bring "Severence" which is what I really wanted to hear.

So I (shockingly) bought yarn today. Some even for myself! MINE ALL MINE! Before I got on the very borring train ride (listened to Well of Lost Plots & knitted my neices scarf), I stopped by KnitPurl & decided to try socks again. I've knitted several slippers (well, 3 & half) and they turned out all right. I picked up some Blue Moon Sock Candy in Farmhouse



Actually, that's a really dark picture of it, it's beautiful. I'm in fucking love. Although the suggest needle size is #2, which made me cry & my hand immediatly cramp up, I tried it with #7 and it looks purty. It' feels so nice in my hands, I'm really excited about it.

When my mom picked me up at the train station she said she was a little down. (this month sucks for my family, it'll be 4 years on the 16 since my dad died). So I suggested we go to Ben Franklins & look at yarn. They have so much! Although I'm really tired of the feathery, hairy, fancy, trendy yarn (which they have so much of), they have a lot of really nice wool & enough pretty yarns to keep me happy. I showed my mom the Folage I bought for my mom's Christmas present & as I knew, she loved it. I was afraid she would buy it. She didn't & I made the point after looking at a bunch of yarn that she shouldn't buy anything until after Christmas. I didn't buy any yarn but I did pick up the stuff for my nephews bee slippers.

Then we went to unnamed big discount chain store where I bought (whisper) some Red Heart Plush yarn. Yes it's Red Heart but I actually like this stuff. I made a great scarf out of it 2 years ago & it was a favourite until I lost it one drunken night is some guy's car. He was a friend of a friend & my friend left town so I had no way of getting a hold of him. Anyway, *M* wanted a scarf & asked me to make one since I made Flick one (which I'm happy to see she wears everyday). After tyring to figure out what she wanted ("I don't know, you decide." was her frustrating answer for awhile). She finally said she wanted blue so I'm making her a blue & black seed stitch scarf. *M* also mentioned she wanted stars like the one on my headband (which I plan on putting up a picture of soon) so there will be 3 stars on each end. It'll be fun. Plus she's tiny so it'll be nice & quick. Yah for small people who don't need wide & long scarves!

I'm also going to read this week. I've decided I've been reading way too much crap (okay, I have to admit, I read a Deborah Maccomber book. This is really embarrassing, I avoid romance authors like the plague. But this one was about a yarn shop so I had to at least check it out. It's so cliche & badly written but I finished it.). So now it's time for me to read a classic lit. The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens it is! Jasper Fforde does the afterward too. It's pretty fun so far.

Okay, that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home