babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Friday, October 21, 2005

Knitting ADD

I think I have knitting ADD. There is no other possible reason that I want to start a million projects at once & not complete any of them. Sigh. I mean I will complete the projects for my Christmas gifts but...

There's always reason for it. I mean, for instance, I started the OSW. It's going well, I really love working with Cashmerino aran (there I spelled it right, heh.), I know a lot of the reviews were poor on it, saying it pills & breaks & such but I haven't had a problem with it. My favourite hat is made from it & as well as the million (okay 3) headwarmers I have. But anyway, I don't think I have enough to finish it. (Now there is a surprise). Plus I'm broke so no purchasing it. Ah well, maybe I'll try it with the million skeins of Limeade Lamb's Pride I have, although it'll probably make me itch a little.

Actually what I should do is start on my mom's vest or whatever I'm going to do with this Foliage. The book I checked out from here is on hold for someone else. I want to scream at the person that the book isn't really for me, I hate vests, they're hideous & I just want to find something that would make my mom happy and please let me keep it until I figure it out, but alas, I'm going to have to turn it in. Although I got a free pattern for a poncho with my KnitBits newsletter today.




I don't find ponchos anymore attractive than vests and it's about 55' inches of just garter but maybe my mom would like that. I'll print it out anyway to join the million of other printouts I have in my knititng bags.

So I was right, I am sore today after the PowerFlex workout yesterday. Even last night it was difficult to knit because my arm was stiffening up. But I'm glad I went, I really do want to get back to the way I was a few months ago. Funny, I still weigh the same as I did a few months ago but I feel so flabby. All that muscle turned to fat I guess.

I feel the need to update this everyday, even when I don't have much to say. It's very helpful to keep my mind clear.

Oh my god this is the funnies thing I've ever seen! Dawn of the Knitted Dead I thought the punk rock dolls in Stitch n' Bitch Nation were fun, but this is even better.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    there's a very engagin blog about knitting A.D.D.!

    http://theaddknitter.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home