babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Sunday, October 30, 2005

You know what I mean

Well I finished the OSW! I'm pretty excited about it, although I'm not quite sure what I'm going to wear it with. It's so soft & comfy, god I love this yarn! The colours turned out real purty together too. I tried to send a picture of it in with my phone but it isn't working out too well, I don't know what's going on. I'll try to get a photo up soon because it's really cute. Thanks for all who talked me into getting it, it was worth it. Now I find myself eyeing all sorts of fun yarns that I can use to make more. Next time I'm going to use a more varigated one, maybe one of the Koigu yarns. And I want to add longer sleeves, similar to this.

So it's the day before Halloween, my favourite holiday. And what am I doing? Working. Did I do anything fun for the weekend? Any parties? Well, sorta. I went over to BG's house with mego, robley & other people & carved pumpkins & drank way too much rum & apple cider and pumpkin beer. (not all at once). Didn't dress up beyond my Skinny Puppy tshirt (Hey, they're scary! There's a guy named Ogre in the band!) & halloween scarf (it's just the colours, not anything else.) I'll probably just wear my Nightmare Before Christmas tshirt to work, I have to be in at 7am and it's going to be a hellish (heh) day. It's just weird, it seems like everyone I know is in the same mindframe as me, no one had a party, no one really went out. I mean, I was with several close friends last night who didn't have any Halloween plans either. My pumpkin is really cute, there wasn't a lot of options at Freds unless you wanted a 20 pound monster so I got a tiny prepainted one & scraped the paint off. Robley got a monster pumpkin, I ran into her trying to lug it down Burnside. She is a tiny girl & the pumpkin was huge. I laughed. We had a "contest" & I got a pair of fuzzy dice for my troubles. Fun low key night.

So I was bad & went back to a yarn store, this time Knit Purl. I had to get another skein of Cashmerino. Well, I think I would have gotten by but I didn't want to risk it. (look, she can learn!) I was annoyed because they actually are more expensive than Lint when I thought it was the other way around. I also got another pair of needles & because they had pink yarn 25% off, I bought a big ball of Cascade Superwash for something for my sister (I love my sister dearly but there's no way I'm going to risk giving her something that can't be just thrown into the washer.) I don't know how fond she is of pink anymore, but hey, my neice will be crazy for it.

I'm still really annoyed that the picture didn't show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home