babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, November 07, 2005

Everything's heavy underground

In case anyone is wondering, most of the titles of my posts are whatever song is currently playing while I type this or else is whatever song is stuck in my head at the time. Obviously I am not good at thinking up titles. Today's post is brought to you by Ben Folds Five.

I got tagged by Lolly. Well, sorta. I really just went to her website. I just love these things, when I was younger we had "slam" books we used to pass around. And then I was part of this whole penpal network (in the deep dark ages before the internet) where we always sent these kinda things around. So good times!

What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?
Well, right now it's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino because it feels divine & it's in my price range. I also really love most of the Brown Sheep yarns, especially Cotton Fleece.

Your favourite needles?
Pretty much any bamboo ones. It's true, once you try them, it's hard to go back. And I've discovered that I have a hard time knitting on straight needles - now I just knit everything back & forth with circulars - yet another reason to love Steph's designs, she's a girl after my own heart.


Worst thing you've ever knit?
Eek, definitly this sweater I made a couple of years ago. Okay, I confess, I was taught very haphazzardly by my mom (love you mom!) & I kinda taught myself & read a couple of things. Unforunatly, I mixed up garter & stockingknit stitch. Bad things happened but most of all was this sweater. First of all, I learned that bulky yarn (Light & Lofty by Red Heart) and huge needles (#13 or #15 I think) do no make garmets that looks good on me. (do they look good on anyone?) And combined with the garter, it turned out HUGE. With very low vneck. I loved it at first until I got a good look in the mirror. My two best friends (gay males) LOVED it. Well, they loved to mock me (of course) because I looked "Huge...but sexy." Yeah, not a compliment I enjoyed. They called it the "sexy sweater" and to this day they ask about it. GBF was very sad to hear I frogged it. There were some other disasters but this was the worst.

Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
Just one? Well, I'm enjoying Cathode a lot. Really A LOT. I also like One Skein Wonder. Both are really fun to make.

Most valuable knitting technique?
I don't think I have an answer for that, I'm the person who just discovered the joys of circular needles & only recently learned to knit on dpn.

Best knit book or magazine?
I am eternally grateful to both Stitch n' Bitch books because they both got me out of the rut of making hats & scarves. Same with KnitWit.

Your favourite knit-a-long?
I've only done Socktoberfest over on Lollys

Your favourite knitblogs?
This page is pretty much a list of my favourites, I add them so I will remember the webpage! Ones I check the most are GrrLeigh Knits, knit and tonic , and LollyKnitting Around.

Your favourite knitwear designer?
Steph in case that was obviously. Jeez, this page is like a big love letter to her. I've even made her stuff from Stitch N'Bitch (the tube skirt was really fun) before I discovered weblogs.

The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)
That would be this, although you can barely see it. It's a shell based on Little Black Top from Stitch n' Bitch. I want to make another now actually. This one is made from Berroco SoftTwist.

The other item I wear the most would be this stripy ribbed scarf out of Berroco SoftTwist. I have never take a picture of it, which is weird because I wear it all the time.

Apparently I need to add SoftTwist to my list of favourite yarn.

Tag: Oh, I don't even know who reads this. So if you do, you're tagged!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home