babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Saturday, November 12, 2005

I don't know why you gotta be so undemanding.


I did it:

I finished mom's Cathode! It turned out really nice - I tried it on & I'm almost tempted to keep it for myself! Things I make for other people always turn out way better than things I make for myself. But that's okay, I guess. I just can't wait until I get to make my own! I might use Foliage & Cotton Fleece again, they really knit up nice together. I use 2 of the extra skeins of the Foliage for a lovely scarf for myself (I couldn't get a decent picture of it) & I have one left. I'm going to see if Lint will let me swap it. I, of course lost the reciept, I actually held on to it for quite awhile. Not that I need to go near a yarn store anytime soon, I need to actually buy things like groceries & other Christmas presents.

So that was my weekend, how was yours? Seriously, it was nasty nasty nasty, so I stayed in & knitted for like 2 days straight. Of course I'm broke, so I couldn't even go out last night with the crew.

Oh god, work emergency. Went in at 6:30am for a catering & now they want me back? Bollocks.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger candsmom said…

    Your Cathode looks fantastic!! The colors are great. I'd be tempted to keep it myself, too. ;-) No doubt your mom will love it! Hope the weather perks up a little for you...although staying indoors and knitting for 2 days straight sounds like a pretty happy weekend to me! :-)

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Lolly said…

    NO wonder you wanna keep it--it looks great! ;) I love the colors.

    Sorry about the work stuff--that is too bad that you can't enjoy some time off.

    Take care~

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Leigh said…

    I'm about to start on a Cathode as soon as I finish my current WIPs, and it's always so nice to see someone who's made a pattern besides the author. Looks gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home