babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Someday

Still no bathroom.

Yes I'm going on a week without a toilet or bath closer than 2 floors away. I might have a working toilet tomorrow but since plumbers cannot work on weekends (dude, can I have that job?), I won't have a bath or shower in the apt until at least Monday. Sigh. And I have to leave the apt before 8 again tomorrow. I think I'm really missing my nice relaxing mornings, it's probably why I'm being such a bitch to everyone. I'm actually really tired of having strangers in my apartment at all hours of the day. And the past 2 nights, I've had various people in fixing random stuff. I work in retail, I don't want to make small talk on my off hours.

I'm also sure my poor cat will be happy not being locked in the closet anymore. In case you think I'm really horrible, it's a huge walk-in closet where she would have hid herself anyway. She runs in here if someone knocks on the door or even walks too loudly outside.

Well, at least I'm getting a 1/3 off my rent. That couldn't have come at a better time.

I have no new knitting to speak of. Finished one foot of my sisters Fuzzy Feet, started the second & will need to buy more black wool for the toe. So I got annoyed and started some Fuzzy feet for myself. I shouldn't but since I'm going home anyway & I want a new pair of slippers, I may as well.

Wow. I really need to get over myself. There's way worse things going on in the world.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl, I know what it's like to be without plumbing after being through a hurrican! It's tough...wishing you the best in getting through the mess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home