babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, November 14, 2005

you run for cover in the temple of love

Thank you to everyone who left comments & emailed me about the Cathode sweater! I'm so happy that others liked it to! I used 4 skiens of Foliage & 1 & 1/2 of Cotton Fleece. My gauge was a little different because of that, I only increased once in each stitch with the Cotton Fleece (instead of 3 times) and used size 7 needles instead of 5. So that's how how I did it!

This is a shorter post because I'm about to get kicked off her but I took some photos of my favourite scarves. First is one I referenced below, the knit item I wear the most. It's double strands of Soft Twist by Berroco in a simple K1P1. It's super long too. I love it. Unfortuantly I made it long ago so the ends are not wove in very well. Still, I wear it all the time

The other is my new favourite, made from the same Foliage as the Cathode for my mom. The picture turned out blurry for some reason but you can see the stripy work on it. I must say, I love the striping yarn - not as many ends to work in. Plus it's so randomly stripped. Anyway, it's super warm & I've worn it everyday since I made it. It's in a K2P2 rib.

That's all for now! Tommorrow I'll whine about the fact that a bunch of VIPs were supose to visit my cafe & I waited all day & they no showed. Sigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger chris said…

    Love the scarves! The stripes are fun and they look very warm and cozy. :-) I've been hoping to order some Cotton Fleece for a sweater I'm planning to make next year. How did you like knitting with it? And man, that sucks when people pull a no-show. Especially when you're working so hard! Hope you get some down time soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home