babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Aunt Bobbie

Well, not too unexpectally, my aunt passed away during the night. I got the message when I got to work this morning & I just broke down. Like I said earlier, I wasn't close to her in the recent years but I was deeply saddened to hear about it. My mom & grandma are really upset and that just kills me. I was such a mess at work I couldn't do anything so I left. I feel really guilty about screwing over my 3 fave coworkers but I had to get out of there. Of course I have no where to go-no car & they are STILL working on my apt. So I'm in a cafe, thinking about my aunt. I always loved visiting her big old house when she & my uncle lived in E.OR. I discovered Stuart Little & Charolette's Web there and used to play all sorts of games of pretend based on them. I still think of that time when I reread them.
My heart goes out to her children & esp her husband, who sadly is in a home for Altimzer.

I promise a more cheerful post tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger chris said…

    Stacey, I am so sorry about your aunt passing away. It sounds like you have wonderful memories of her; it must be such a difficult time for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home