babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Friday, January 27, 2006

Dialogue flowed from his pen like polywogs

Or, you know, her keyboard. I love that line, it sounds so great outloud. It's from Jellyfish, a great 90s pop band that were so much fun. I think I live in 90s, music-wise.

So tagged from Tanya, a fun little meme. I don't have much to update, knitting-wise, although I picked up Picovoli durring the worst episode of Lost I've ever seen. Can Sayid please have more than 1 line per episode? And if he only has one line, could he at least be shirtless? Anyway, I've started the descending on the waist so hopefully I'll be done before my great trip south to visit my mom.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was working at Satan's Company, otherwise known as Sam Goody. Probably daydreaming about my move to Portland. I think I saw Sisters of Mercy for the first time about that time too, which is funny because I'm seeing them again in a month.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Getting trained by a certifiable lunatic on how to run my cafe.

What were you doing 1 hour ago?
Watching March of the Penguins, trying to decided if I wanted to hike to the library to use the computer.

List five creative things you want to achieve this year:

  1. Finish writing something, anything that might turn into My Great American Novel.
  2. Design a kick ass pattern to post on Knitty.
  3. Decorate my studio
  4. Maybe turn this blog into something more?
  5. Wow, I can't think at the moment.
List five snacks you enjoy:

  1. Ginger Spice cookies from Trader Joes
  2. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (mint)
  3. Air popped popcorn with cheese.
  4. Oranges
  5. Pita chips & hummus
List five things you would do if money were no object:

  1. Travel all over the place.
  2. Write.
  3. Buy a much bigger house for myself & one for my mom.
  4. Make all the donations I want to do.
  5. Open my own yarn/coffee shop.
List five bad habits:
  1. Smoking
  2. Procrastinating
  3. Bad spelling/grammer.
  4. Ignoring bills
  5. Smoking


List five things you like doing:

  1. Knitting (duh)
  2. Reading & rereading my favourite books
  3. Dancing
  4. Sitting in bars with friends
  5. Watching TV shows on DVD

List five favorite gadgets:

  1. My espresso machine
  2. My cd player/mp3 player
  3. My PS2
  4. My mobile
  5. My computer...oh wait I don't have a working one at the moment.


Name one thing you like about yourself:

I'm a nice person & loyal to those who don't screw me over.

Well, I guess I'll pass this on to my MySpace friends since they same to love these things.


Ta!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I said THE SAME thing about Sayid to my fiancé and other blog buddies. Whither Sayid? Why is he not doing anything on the island? It is seriously starting to grate!

    And why has Locke turned into such a shitheel?

    Thanks for playing the meme game.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home