babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, January 09, 2006

Nite & Grey

Title courtsey of a very underrated band I rediscovered recently - Urge Overkill. I have all their albums but haven't listen to them in awhile. I saw them several years back too & it was one of the best shows I've seen.

Anyway...

Well I guess the picture turned out okay after all! I wore the Tubey today to work & I was hoping someone would comment on it (because it does kick ass) but no one did until BR showed up - she's a knit chick too & familiar with the pattern so she was impressed. But sadly, that's all. Oh well, I don't care, I love it to death. The yarn does pill a little I've noticed, which is sad.

Since I was stuck at home with a horrid cold, I worked on some knitting (shocked? I didn't thing so). I FINALLY frogged the stupid Shrug That Ruined My Life & used the yarn to start a Minisweater because I didn't have anything else to work on. I love the pattern but I don't think I like the yarn. (it's an old Patons one, I can't remember the name. I got it on clearance years ago). Or maybe I hate the needles. (metal). So I worked on it for awhile & then decided I needed a muffler since I'm going to make one for the BiL.


Please ignore the mess in the background. I used Foliage in a pretty red & I like how it turned out. So I think I can make one for the BiL.

Then on Saturday, my KnitPicks order turned up! So I got to start the Picovoli KAL with the Sexy Knitters Club. I actually did start & I'm terrified. These are the smallest needles I've used for a sweater & I'm so worried I'm going to get bored. I'm through the collar so far. But I love love love the yarn. So I'll stick with it.

I still think I'll make a minisweater with the Andean Silk. I only have 5 balls of it so I don't think I have enough for much else. I might play with the pattern a bit though. I'm actually going to try to one project at a time. I know, impossible, but I'm going to try.

And I really should finish *M*'s scarf at some point...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home