babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Heaven ain't close in a place like this

Ughh.

Hangovers suck.

I've always been aware of this, but I haven't been hungover in a very long time. I'm not sure why last night was different than any other drinky night. Went to a nearby bar (score! no bus/taxi taking for me) for a work buddy's celebration of his last day of work. Lots of fun. It's tough to hang out with work peeps because I have been in a lot of trouble with that since I supervise some of them & it can get very uncomfortable but I was with a lot fellow sups so it was great fun. Although I spent most of the night trying not to fall over in my very high heels (hey, I didn't have to walk far and they were cute). I actually only had 3 beers (Ruby! love it!) and I rocked the pool table - I seemed to have hustled my partner & the couple we were playing against because I thought I sucked but I ended up hitting in all of the balls in for my team. Ha! Maybe I have a new career ahead. We all were out by midnight but waking up this morning...ugh. I've done nothing all day. Lazed about reading & somewhat knitting (yes, the Haunting Socks - thanks for the encouragement from the comments below. I'm nearly done with the heel. I've had to rip back a couple of times - knitting while hungover isn't a smart thing to do). I did, however, manage to get my ass in the shower & clean up the apt so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

I did find a pattern I'm in love with...Panta! Where has this been hiding? I think I might use the remaining Andean Silk from Leaf to make one. I'm a bit sick of my hats & the starwrap, while cute, isn't as warm as I'd like it to be. There's a Panta KAL with a nice translation so maybe I'll start that next.

But tomorrow I'm going to be more ambitious. Workout. Do Laundry. And maybe have a date...? The last bit's up in the air. I hope so, since it's LSHG, who I've talked about on here before. He's very upset I haven't seen Godfather 3 (yes, the first 2 are 2 of my favourite movies) so he wants to watch it with me. Hmmm...Maybe date, maybe not. I like to be around him so whatever happens will be okay with me.

Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home