babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Leaf is complete & meme

Yes it's done. And I'm very pleased with it: (even if I don't look it. I hate taking pictures of myself)



Here's a close up of the leaf motif on the sleeves & back:




It's not of the greatest quality, but you can kinda see the leaves. Anyway I love this shrug, it's super comfy & not that itchy on my bare skin. Very warm too. It's going to be a good springtime cover up. I made one small error last night while watching Lost (damn you Sayid for being all hot & distracting!) but it's not noticable when I have it on so I'm not going to point it out.







In case anyone is looking for details:

Yarn: Andean Silk in Leaf. Used a little over 4 balls of it (about 450 yards, I think)

Needles: 24 inch circluar size 8, a set of 4 dbl pt needles size 8, & 24 inch circuluar needle size 5 for collar

Pattern: A reworking of the famous One Skein Wonder by Stefanie Japel with Leaf motif from Loop-d-Loop. I added 3/4 inch sleeves & bigger front collar so it'll pull over my shoulders a little more.

It took about 2 weeks. I will definetly make this again, I really enjoyed it & it's very comfortable.





Anyway, now it is time for the Super Fabulous Soy Silk Sweater. No, I still don't know what I'm going to make. But it will be fabulous!

And I did manage to pull myself away from my new computer to workout yesterday! It felt great, at least for the first 2 miles. Then I felt a little ill, but that could have been from not eating before I worked out like the stupid girl I am sometimes. I didn't go today, today was stay in sweats & knit day. Tommorrow maybe "stay inside because it's snowing" day, but we'll see. Will Portland completly shut down with a few flakes make their way down? Stay tuned.



Finally, I leave with a fun meme I got from MySpace. I think it's really interesting to learn about peoples music so I'm reposting mine, though I'm changing it because I uploaded a bunch of stuff today. I'm tagging anyone who reads this who has a player because I don't know who does or doesn't. But if you do, leave me a comment so I can read it!

Directions: Open iTunes/iPod or Windows Media Player or whatever you listen to music on to answer the following. Go to your library. Answer, no matter how embarrasing it is.

How many songs: 702

Sort by song title...

First song: "100 Games of Solitare"-Concrete Blonde

Last song: "Zia (Call Out My Name)" - Redd Kross

Sort by time...

Shortest Song: "Tune up ..3" - Rent (45 seconds)

Longest Song: "This Corrosion" -Sisters of Mercy (10min 55sec) (although "Heaven 90210" by Urge Overkill is listed last (28min 38sec) but I'm pretty sure it's because of a bonus track.)

Sort by album...

First Song: "Acid Reigh" - Flowerhead ...ka...BLOOM!

Last Song: "Evaporated" - Ben Folds Five Whatever & Ever Amen

Sort by artist...

First Song: "Burning Up" - Alpinestars

Last Song:"Burning the House of Love" - X

First 5 songs that come up on Shuffle...

  1. "Death of a Scenester" - Nymphs
  2. "Rotten Apples" - Smashing Pumpkins
  3. "Take Me or Leave Me" - Rent (Original Broadway Cast)
  4. "Suckerpunch" - The Refreshments
  5. "We Care A Lot" - Faith No More

(I do have some music less than 10 years old on here!)

Search with keyword...

  1. "Sex"--How many songs come up: 0 (eek!)
  2. "Death"--How many songs come up: 1
  3. Love"--How many songs come up: 23.
  4. "You"--How many songs come up: 57
  5. "love" and "you" --How many songs come up: 1

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    It's very pretty and the colour really suits you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home