babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Boredom & Frustration

So, lucky girl that I am, I was flaked on by two different friends for my weekend! Yah me. Yeah, it's probably for the best, as I am not in my bestest mood (the not smoking bit with the added bonus of cramps) but still. One wasn't anything concrete but the other was planned months ago - a reliving of our gothdom days! - so I'm irritated. Ah well. The not smoking is very difficult. I've only been smoking for about 7 years - I started late - but it became such a part of me, it's hard to rethink my day. Yes, it's for the best I'm quitting - health, money, plus I am tired of always smelling like ciggies. I've been doing...well I guess. I haven't bought a pack since Sunday night & only had maybe 2 a day since Monday night. I haven't been smoking at work, which is good. That's something, right? Of course my partner in nonsmoking is doing way better than me. But I will not give up, as much as I really want to sometimes.


So since I have nothing to update (done with the cuff of one of INS-R sock is about it), here's a fun little Scavenger Hunt from JenLa to waste my time on. It actually makes me feel like a stalker filling it out because I'm in my own little world here - even if I love a blog, I rarely comment on it. Oh well.

Speaking being a stalker...I'm kinda obsessed with looking at my stats. Hey, you who found my blog by googling "girls having sex 10 minute film", I hope you enjoyed the knitting content.

And with that, I have a feeling I'll get a lot more weird searches.


Ahem. The Scavenger Hunt Rules:

  • Your finds must come from knit blogs.
  • You may not use a blog for more than one item- all items must come from different sources.
  • Finds can come from current entries or archives.
  • You must post your answers with the title of the blogs they were found on and a link to the blog/item (permalinks where appropriate) on your blog. If no permalink is available, give us the post date.
  • Do not steal anyone’s bandwidth-which means you should not hotlink pictures.
  • You need to comment (at JenLa) and let us know when you have completed this meme.




1. A blog which you think people have not discovered.
It's hard to say, but judging from my bloglines I don't see many subscribers to It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time, one of my favourite blogs.

2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative.
Well I don't know exactly where, but both of the lovely ladies at Another Knitting Blog & I Think I'm Going to Purl live here in Portland.

3. An unusual or weird animal picture.
Crazy Aunt Purl has the best kitty photos. Here's a recent favourite:
So very very cute. Check them all out!

4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers.
Pretty much anything on You Knit What?! Recent laugh out loud was this. Grumperina's letter to her sewing machine cracked me up as well.

5. An idea you wish you’d thought of.
Actually what immediately popped to mind was all the fun plays on words for people's knitting blogs - I love Frog In Knots, Lick My Sticks, and Every Word's a Purl. Obviously I still like mine, but I wish I had thought of some clever title that says "Hey I'm a knitting blog!"

6. Something you’d like to knit.
Wow, way way way too many things. Somewhat Cowl is close to the top of the list. Same with Spring Breeze Top.

7. A picture of something you consider beautiful.

From Jenny at A Woman Obsessed's recent trip to London. I am so jealous.

8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person
So many - (this is what makes me feel like a crazy stalker weirdo...) - Kiki at She Just Walks Around With It, Jen at Sunday Undies, Crazy Aunt Purl, Grumperina...but it's unlikely I'll meet any bloggers, no offence to anyone is meant. I just like being anonymous!

9. A blog of someone you have already met in person.
Well, Melissa at Lint is the only one I can think of...but not so much "met" as in "bought stuff from". Like I said, I like being anonymous...

So want to join in the fun...knock yourself out!

Now back to my very own pity party.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Gewel said…

    Thanks for the compliment. I like yours, as well.;)

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger carrie said…

    sorry that your friends flaked. but congrats on quitting smoking!

    thanks so much for complimenting my blog title! i've always worried that it's too cheesy.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    We can be Sunday Undies groupies together! The Jaywalkers look great- knitting is so good for quitting smoking. My Dad played obsessively with silly putty for months when he quit- that stuff was EVERYWHERE. YOU CAN DO IT!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home