babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Friday, March 17, 2006

Haunted no more


So...I finished 'em. Yes I finally completed a decent pair of socks. And I can't say I love making socks, but I do absolutely love wearing said socks. They fit perfectly on my oddball feet & feel like a dream. And this is some cheap Lion Brand yarn. Who knows what I'll do when I get some luscious that everyone in blog world raves about?.

So. Stats. For those who care:

Haunted Socks

Started: Oh in various forms since 2003. See this post for the scary details.
Completed: March 16th 2006
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Purple, 1 ball.
Pattern: Lola Ribbed Socks from 2005 page a day calendar. It's a simple sock with a rib & seed pattern on the cuff. I also had to consult other patterns since there's a damn line missing from turning the heel.
Needles: Size 3 Clover double pt needles, 4.
Will I make these again? Well I still have a ball of the the Magic Stripes since I was dumb enough to buy the same yarn twice (a year apart). But when I use this yarn again, I will probably try a different pattern.

So I did one of my weekend to do list. Today I might make a hat - I'm eyeing Grumperina's Odessa but minus the beads because I love the swirly top. I'm trying to decide if I should use something in my stash or wander up to the LYS for some Cashsoft DK. Hmmmm. I also might be placing an order from KnitPicks... I'm very very interested in the new yarns. And I'm trying to decide if I want to make Orangina for the Sexy Knitter's Club KAL with Shine.

Apparently my yarn fast is over.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Oooo they look fab.

    What about Jaywalkers for the other ball of yarn? I know everybody is making them, but they do look good in stripes.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said…

    Love the socks, I agree that they're fun to wear...if you're looking to do socks again, look into Mountain Colors Bearfoot, it is luscious.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Thanks!

    I do want to make Jaywalkers but I don't think I can deal with this yarn again for awhile - just tired of looking at it! And I'm dying to try Mountain Colors Barefoot, as I've read about it on other blogs!

    Yah for socks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home