babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The "I'm not smoking - really!" sock

So I'm trying to quit smoking.

Again.

(yes, and Robin Williams quote from Dead Again is now in my head - to the effect of "people who 'try' to quit smoking are pussies & cannot commit" Man I love that movie. Must buy on DVD)

Anyway, to combat that, I'm knitting. A lot.

Remember when it took me 3 years to do this much? Yeah this is what not smoking does to me. Good things. Still very very VERY difficult. I'm a day behind my partner in not smoking and I only have to look forward to more hell. Goody.

In other knitting news...I ended the yarn fast. I just had to have some summery yarns. So I (sigh) placed a KnitPicks order.

Here's what I got ordred:

9 skeins of the new KnitPicks Shine Worsted in Green Apple. I'm very excited for this. I loved working with Shine & I'm very excited to try something in a larger needle size. I'm going to try to do something like the Somewhat Cowl but I think I'll need to reguage it. Anyway, somekind of cardi/small sweater for the summer nights. Plus this is one of my favourite colours, so it'll be lovely.

6 skeins of KnitPicks Shine Sport in Cherry. I needed something red. Haven't quite decieded what I'm going to do with it. Maybe another Picovoli (one that is actually the right size!), maybe Orangina, maybe Sexie from SnB Nation, maybe something completly different & exciting! I really love this though, so maybe something like that. The possiblities are endless.

2 hanks of KnitPicks Sock Garden in Stargazer Lily. I think it's official. I'm a sock knitter. I even ordered more sock yarn! What has become of me?!

Ahem. Well, I loved the colours and best yet - Stargazer is one of my old nicknames (from Mother Love Bone - Stargazer you cry in blue...) Anyway, these should be purty but probably a little warm for the summer months. Ah well.

Now I'll be sitting on pins & needles (heh, probably sock ones) until they show up. And knitting furiously so I won't smoke. Or think about smoking. Or running across the street in the dead of night in my jammies for a pack of ciggies. No no no.

But if I complete these socks in like 2 days, you'll know why.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fortunately, I've found KnitPicks' shipping to be pretty fast --hang in there! ;-) Good luck with giving up the cigs!

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Rain said…

    You sock looks great so far.

    Lovely yarn on the way too. I wish we had Knitpicks here.

    Keep up the good work with the smoking, it will be worth it in the end.

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said…

    Your yarns are the ones I have been looking at too and some of the same projects! We Gemini's think alike!! Love your socks, your doing a great job!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home