babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, March 27, 2006

One is the loneliest number

Okay, so I finished one of the INS-R sock.



Why am I just showing one? Well, I'm not liking it too much. I mean I love the pattern & I like how it looks on but there's something about it that I'm not loving. Maybe it's the freaking HOLES due to a sloppy pick up. Or maybe it's this weird little bump on the ankle that I have no earthly idea where it came from.

Or maybe I'm just in a pissy mood and decided to take it out on this sock.

But maybe we just need some time apart, Mr. Koigu Jaywalkers. It's not your fault, it's mine. Maybe we can hook up again in a couple of weeks after I've had time to think. Or at least come to terms with my sloppy handling of the whole thing.

So in a thoroughly bad mood, I frogged what I started of the Super Fabulous Soy Silk Sweater. Why? Oh because I hated everything at that moment most especially the 1x1 rib. I couldn't bear to knit just that for 15 inches. Then I regretted the frogging because it made the fabulous soy silk look slightly unfabulous. Oh well. I've actually restarted it again, this time using a technique from Hip To Knit. I really wanted some shaping through the waist because I actually have a waist after years of not. (went with the weight lost last year - 30lbs! That I've mostly kept off!). But I still wanted a rib pattern & to knit it in the round. So...I'm working in a 2x2 pattern starting with size 9 needles for 3 inches, size 8 for a couple of inches, size 7s for a couple of more, back to 8s and back to 9s. (it's from the Ribbon Tank in the book, in case you're interested). I hope it works. I'll still probably use the Tempting II pattern for the top because I like the sleeves (but not the buckle) so we'll see how it turns out.

And can I just say how much I hate hate HATE casting on to circs? Esp 156 stiches?

But then I hate a lot of things at the moment. Myself mostly.

Damn, am always going to be this much of a grouch since I quit smoking? At least I started to use my gym membership on a regular basis - I've worked out the past 3 days. Mostly during my lunch break at work, which I'm sure all my coworkers appreciate (yes I shower but I have this lovely no makeup/wet hair/red face look the rest of the day).

Okay, hopefully I'll be in a better temper next time I post. Thanks for the encouragement of my nonsmoking project by the way, it helps. I'm not out of the woods yet...but close.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there! Keep going to the gym -- working out always improves my mood immensely!

    Cool shaping techinque -- can't wait to see how it turns out!

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Keep it up! You're doing really well and it's getting you in the gym.

    You will be grouchy for a bit but it passes.

    Cracking weight loss too BTW, you really are making changes.

    Th socks looks fine from here, but I can't see it up close. Hide it under thebed for a bit and then go back to it.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Gewel said…

    You're doing some good things for yourself, but they're hard things. Change is hard. you're entitled to a bit of grouchiness...

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Thanks again you guys, having support out there really helps! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home