babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, April 03, 2006

Goodbye, love

After a glass of wine & some Frank (as in Sinatra) I decided I need to do some frogging. I've been working really hard on the SFSSS & it's nearly done - I just attached the sleeves & now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do for the collar. But... I need to stop right now before I go mad from the 2x2 ribbing. I'm thinking about my next project & I want some lighter yarn like some Cotton Fleece since my KnitPicks order hasn't shown up yet. (Wah). So next on the frogging block...my Mud Flap Girl Tank Top from Stitch N' Bitch Nation.

I had good intentions, really. I worked so hard on this tank top last summer, I was so excited, especially how the girlie turned out. But sadly, it's time to say goodbye.




It looks so cute doesn't it? Unfortunately...well it's made for a much wider person with a shorter torso, Which is why it's folded over. And it's because I'm a complete moron. (Gauge? What is this thing THAT IS MENTIONED ON EVERY SINGLE PATTERN?) It looks awful on. I look like I weight 20 lbs more than I do, something I try to avoid. Obviously , I never wear it. Also it's a little too warm for a tank (the wool). So goodbye girly.

I may try to make this again (with the correct gauge) because I do like the way the image turned out, but for now it's gone.

Cheer me up, Frankie baby.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    It's a shame to frog the tank as it looks really cool, but as you say, you can make another.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger V said…

    Oye....that stinkin' gauge. It does look REALLY cool though!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, that old nemesis gauge...

    The girlie does look really cool. You did an awesome job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home