babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Friday, April 07, 2006

what a little moonlight can do

I somehow made it home in my drunken friday night-ness without falling down or making a complete fool of myself. It just seemed like a good night to go out & now...I guess I feel like blogging. But I'm going to do a meme instead of any real content.

Oh you want to hear about my misadventures with Soliel? Like when I cast on, knitted 6 rows then discovered I had twisted the stitches on the circs and had to frog? Or like when I re-cast on, knitted about 8 rows & realized I had completely screwed up the pattern & frogged it AGAIN? Or that when I CO for the third time I wanted to weep because I hate casting on circs? Or the fact that the SFSSS is driving me barking mad even though I only have a couple of inches to go so I hid it so I didn't have to look at it any more? Or the fact I haven't had a FO in a month?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

So I'm going to do a drunken meme. Well, semi-drunken. I know they're kinda twee but I like reading them

(A side note, what the hell does meme mean? Is it pronounced like mimi or or meme with a eh in it? I feel sorta stupid asking but I always see it referenced as that so I've doing that too. Someone please let me know)

Instructions: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one
place, then add your blog to the bottom slot:

craptina
mebeth rambles
nakedieknits
see eunny knit
babbling brook

Then add 3 people to tag:
Ah, these things have been around the knitting blogs so much so, my dear invisible friends, feel free to consider yourself tagged should you want to fill this out.

What were you doing 9 years ago?
I was making major changes in my life - getting dumped by someone I cared a great deal about, getting so frustrated in my job I quit & moving to PDX. Turned out to be the best year of my life, aside from the first thing. That sorta screwed me up for a long time.

What were you doing 6 years ago?
Probably stumbling around in a drunken haze. That wasn't a good year for me. My father was just diagnosed with cancer & I kinda came unglued. Did lots of bad things that I prefer not to remember.

What were you doing 1 hour ago?
Trying to find my way home from downtown.

Name 3 movies/tv shows you can't turn off if you stumble across them on TV
Well I don't have cable so I rarely turn on the TV. But when I'm somewhere with a TV, I can't ever turn off The Daily Show, even if I've seen it. Let's see. I always seemed to get sucked into Pirates of the Caribbean each time it's on. And...oh heck, I'll say L&O SVU.

3 things you want to improve upon this year.
1. my workout routine
2. my self confidence
3. my money situation

Name 3 things you can't live without (aside from knitting):
1. friends
2. books
3. coffee

Name 3 things you could live without:
1. gossip folks
2. the current administration
3. waiting.

Name 3 things you really like about yourself
1. my height
2. I'm true to people I love
3. I know a little about a lot of things so I can carry on a conversation with almost anyone.

Have fun y'all. Hopefully I won't have knitting rage next time I post.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had this question for awhile too, but it turns out that "meme" is pronounced like "meem", with the first 'e' long and the second 'e' silent.

    Weird, huh?

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, and if you're REALLY interested in learing where it came from, there's an article here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    thank you, whoever you are. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home