babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Argh

Worst. Vacation. Ever.

So my computer died yesterday...Don't know why, don't know how. Neither did the unhelpful Compaq people I called. My only option (thank goodness for the warranty) is to send it in. So it's back to the library should I wish to do something other than check my email.

Most heartbreaking...losing all my music, pictures, & documents. Sigh. Some was backed up but a lot...nope.

Thank goodness I had (in a fit of brilliance) mailed my Green Gable pattern I purchased to myself so I could print it out. Otherwise that would have been gone as well.

But hey, the library got new superfast computers! Although, I didn't know my poor blog was messed up in IE...the column down at the bottom? When did this happen?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said…

    I looked at your source code, and I honestly don't see anything that sticks out. Try changing the main width to 800 rather than the 740 (I think that's what it was, it ws 700-something) and that should help. Otherwise, what was the last thing you did to your sidebar? The google ad is one of the wider things in there. Can you downsize that a touch?

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Hmm, I haven't updated my sidebar in a very long time. It looked fine on my computer (with Firefox) so I have no idea why it's all messed up.

    Thanks for the info...I'll have to try it...when I get my computer back.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear about your computer! Glad you had the warranty though!

    I run Firefox too, so your blog has always looked just fine to me.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger carrie said…

    oh man, that totally stinks about your computer. at least you still have green gables!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home