babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, May 29, 2006

FO - the AppleCardi

Two posts in one day! I'm on a roll!

In addition to my yarn buying binge (see previous post), I finished up my AppleCardi durring my sad, hide from the world weekend of watching the second season of Deadwood & running around on the internet. Love love love this cardi, even more than the first.

The Stats:
  • Started - May 19
  • Completed - May 28
  • Pattern - the Cavern Cardi from Cosmicpluto Knits!
  • Yarn - KnitPicks Shine Worsted in Green Apple - a little over 8 balls
  • Needles - Size 7 & 8 16 & 24 inch circulars for the body and size 7 dpl for sleeves
  • Modifications - Several. Well, first of all I'm a complete idiot. When I started it, I was using my size 8 16 inch circs, thinking I had a larger length as well. Wrong! so I switched to the 7 partway down the back. It's not noticble, since I was increasing for the armholes and my shoulders are kind of broad anyway. Also, I knew I wouldn't have enough yarn for the complete pattern - it was kind of a last minute decision. So I set aside 3 balls for the sleeves & boarder & used the rest for the body. The sleeves ended up being 3/4 instead of long sleeved, which is fine since it's going to be summer cardi but I probably could have gone a few more inches since I had almost a ball leftover. Oh well. Also, you can't see it in the photo (please, it took me long enough to find one picture of this I liked), but instead of the ties, I'm just knotting the bottom so it ends right at my waist. I like it that way & the ties bugged me on the other cardi I made.
  • Will I make it again - Hell yeah. I already love this pattern & the Shine Worsted is my new favourite yarn to work with. I can't say enough good things about it - it's beautiful, soft, and best of all, machine washable. I only wish the balls were a bit bigger. So I will buy a couple more balls to make it more long sleeved next time.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    I love it, it's gorgeous and looks really good on you. The green is a fabulous colour. Thanks for the link to the pattern, it's now on my to-do list.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks gorgeous!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home