babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, May 01, 2006

I am annoyed

Why?

Because I knit so differently from in the round to straight. Usually it doesnt' make too much of a difference but when it's something like Soleil, you can totatally tell.

Example:

<-------This is straight knitting.





<--------This is in the round



Sigh.

I spent most of Friday knitting out on the fire escape because it was unbelievably gorgeous. I didn't feel like going anywhere & worked on soleil. But now I'm annoyed by it. I'm not sure how I can even correct it. I mean I'll finish it but I'll be sad about it.

So I just started another sock:
I've just done the cuff. I'm actually not sure about what I'm going do now. I'm thinking about some kind of seed stitch pattern, I guess I'll figure it out today.

A lot of other things are annoying me too (not work as much -yah) but more personal ones. I'm just at an odd place mentally & unsure of what to do next in certain part of my life. So sorry this is kinda of a grumpy post.

Oh and since people totally care, I finally got Firefox. Why I didn't get it before, I'll never know.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said…

    hey there, you seem to be twisting the purl stitches somehow, to cause the zigzag. It should look the same. Compare with some friends how they purl.
    knitting will help you find your way. checkout Brenda's podcast #21. very spiritual for a change
    :-)

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said…

    sorry- cast on podcast is at
    http://www.cast-on.com/
    episode #21

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Knitting Help (www.knittinghelp.com) has awesome videos -- maybe check out the purl stitch one and see if you can figure out what is going on.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger shetha said…

    It looks like you may be knitting "combined" which has to change for in the round knitting and back and forth knitting. more info here:
    http://knittyboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=2332

    Good luck! That shine stuff is really nice even if it doesn't make a soleil...

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Thanks for the suggestions! I guess it's something I never realized I was doing. So annoying.

    I gave up on soleil for now, going to try another picovoli but with the lace at the bottom. We'll see what happens...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home