babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Monday, May 22, 2006

Progress

Finally, I have some knitting to show.

I present BH Picovoli
(Yeah, I don't know why it looks all blue.)

I'm loving this top, it turned out really well & my attempt at lace was a moderate success as wellI decided against doing the three repeats that are in the Soliel pattern (mostly because I kept having to tink back, which was not fun). Anyway, it fits really well (unlike my last Picovoli) & I wore it today to work.Of course, while working I had a cardi over it - no tanks at work!

Here's another, in a "model" pose. I couldn't deal with taking one full front, I looked like a cow in each of my attempts. Not good for the already fragile ego.



I guess I was so damn excited to actually have a FO I had to take multiple pictures.

And I should have another one done this week (hopefully by my birthday on Thursday). This past weekend it rained & rained (quite a gorgeous thunderstorm on Sunday actually) and I was sick so I got a lot of knitting done. Also had the complete first season of Deadwood to watch - currently my favourite show.So this is another Caravan Cardi, because I love my first one so much - I wear it all the time. This one however is made up of the Knit Picks Shine Worsted, which has got to be one of my favourite yarns to work with - I love the feel of it while I'm knitting & it looks gorgeous. Plus it knits up FAST. I did all this in like 2 days. I won't have enough for long sleeves so it'll be a nice summer cardi. Love!

So as of 3 pm today I am on vacation! Not going anywhere, just celebrating my birthday with my GBF & other buddies & relaxing away from the soul sucking workplace. I have many books to read but my greatest worry (sadly) is not having anything to knit after I'm done with the Apple Cardi.

Well I still have socks. But I must stay away from the yarn store...oh who am I trying to kid anyway?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Amber said…

    Picovoli looks great! I love the lace at the bottom!

    Can't wait to see the cardi! Shine Worsted is nice yarn -- i just made a baby sweater w/it and loved it.

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Your Picovoli is gorgeous and looks great on you.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I love the little red sweater you completed. It looks great! I wish I could knit a sweater in a style that actually fits. I've only done one, and it's a large, bulky type. I'm not too confident about doing the short-row thing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home