babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

warm fuzzies

I realize, after rereading the last few posts, that I probably seem like a depressed human being all the time. But I have some really great people in my life, some new, some old, that have helped me, listen to me bitch, & gave me such great support over the last month. Granted, life is no bowl of cherries - the AUM still is trying to break me, my personal life is a pendulum swinging back & forth, and I still feel like a fat ugly cow a good part of the time. And those are what I write about. Sunny happy posts haven't been my thing of late. So I wanted to send out love & happy vibes to my friends far & near (most of whom don't read this) while I am full of marguaritas (blackberry - yum) & mexican food and enjoying the summer weather we've had in PDX this week.

(Note to self, be sure to put sunscreen on when enjoying previous items - ouch)

Knitting has been slow, but I'm done with the body of the BH Picovoli. No photos (yeah, I'm surprised I can actually work this computer in my state. Plus, borring.) but I've started the bottom lace bit. Should be finished this week - it's actually supose to rain on my weekend (boo) but I will have the complete Deadwood first season dowloaded by then, plus I have the entire Ken Burns Jazz dvd set to watch, minus the two discs I watched last night.

Then maybe I'll start with the KnitPicks Shine Worsted. I want to do another cardigan because I live in mine at work - I wear tanktops with the cardi over it, then I can take it off when the work day is over. Maybe a shorter sleeved one. Hmmm...now the pattern to use....

Anyway, much thanks to all who still check this blog even with my sad, angry, non knitting posts. I love StatCounter - it makes me feel loved. Although...a bit of a stalker.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    I always feel like I'm spying when I look at Statcounter, but it's a great bit of technology.

    The commenting thingy seemed to be turned off for your last few posts so I couldn't say anything.

    Your Picovoli seems to be coming along well. A few rows here and there soon adds up.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're feeling better. You did sound rather down in your last couple of posts.

    I want to see that Ken Burns flick. I saw part of it a couple years ago on PBS.

    Your margarita sounds yummy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home