babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I chew gum

After a fairly depressing weekend - for reasons I'm not going to go into here - something good has happened. I think I have really & truly quit smoking. I mean, for the past 2 weeks or so I got down to 4 or less a day but I have not had a cig since Saturday. Huzzah! I'm actually using the gum - the patch made me break out & obviously, after many many MANY attempts, I couldn't go cold turkey. But the gum has made a huge difference - I actually don't crave cigs any more. I don't even want them. The gum does upset my tummy so it's not perfect, but at least it's something anyway.

I just can't believe for the first time in years I haven't been dying for a cig. Especially in the morning or at night - my worst times. And it's been so stressful at work with a short staff & missing some key people and yet I haven't immediately ran for a cig (except for Saturday but that was before the gum). Anyway, I just had to share.

Anyway, no pictures to show off but I have been working on the Leaf Edged Bolero (after saying in the last post that I wasn't - I guess that's what I needed.) I'm nearly completed with the back - damn I really do love this yarn. And the colour is fantastic.

I've also done a couple more inches on the Toe-Up Dancing socks. Mostly today because I'm (again) waiting for the newest episode of Deadwood to download. It was going fairly quickly but now it's slowing down. Argh. I think the staff here is a little tired of me sitting here but at least I'm buying stuff. Let's just hope it'll be done before they close.

Have I mentioned how addicted I am to this show? I'm even renting the second season just so I can listen to the very very funny commentaries.

Pics to come!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Well done with the quitting smoking.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home