babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Opal Parrot Socks

Done & done.

But, um, I couldn't get a decent picture. So just picture this times 2.

Is this the height of laziness or what? Reusing a picture?!?!
The Stats:
  • Started - June 5
  • Finished - June 14
  • Pattern - Simple sock pattern, mostly using Yarn Harlot's pattern in Knitting Rules
  • Yarn - Opal Rainforest yarn in Parrot. I have about 1/4 left of the 100gm ball
  • Needles - 2.5Us dps
  • Modifications - I co on fewer stitches than the YH pattern.
  • Will I make it again? - Well, I'd use this yarn again. Lovely & after wearing them today, super comfy. But I need to get away from the simple sock knits, it's rather boring now. I also seem to always co too many stitches because they bag a bit at the ankle. But when I'm knitting, I'm always panicked that they'll be too small - which has happened before. I think I'd also use a smaller needle size, as I'm worried the stitches are too loose.
I've now started on the Toe Up Dancing socks. Finished the toe, now picking out a stitch pattern.

What Green Gable & Leaf Edged Bolero? I'm a sock knitter now!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    It looks great.

    Sounds like you've been firmly bitten by the sock bug.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home