babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Quickie FO

I'm back...wow, I got my computer back in one week to the hour it died. It seems to be much slower...but maybe because I keep trying to do too much at once...trying to get it back to the way it was before! Obviously, I've lost everything I had before. And I want to thank my "helpful" friends who keep telling me I need to back up everything. YES I KNOW THAT.

Not much time today, but I do have a quick FO:

Slipper Socks(I have no "clever" name for them, basically I just wanted to finish something quickly)

Stats:
  • Started - May 30
  • Finished - June 1
  • Pattern - My own
  • Yarn - Cascade 220 Superwash. I don't have the yardage I used but I have a lot left of both #837 (the pink) & #803 (I think - I lost the label - the purple)
  • Needles - Size 6 dpn
  • Modifications - Well the whole thing. I was just bored & the boy sock I am working on out of Lana Grossa was making me a bit nuts (I love my best friend, but making socks for his big feet kinda made me want to stab myself in the eye). So I just cast on 48 st, made a inch cuff & then worked the heel & toe in a different yarn to see how it would work. I like them, although they are a bit dirty because I have hardwood floors that ALWAYS need to be swept. But hey - they are machine washable!
  • Will I make it again - Maybe. I would probably cast on fewer stitches as they are a bit big. But they are comfy & warm & knitted up really quick. Instant gratification!
Now I'm currently working on the Opal Rainforest Socks that I got last week - and I was right, that yarn showed up first! I love this yarn - the colours are so fun & Yarn Harlot is right - colourful pattened yarn really does hold my interest (which might be one of my problems with the boy socks). I'm almost done with one.

Still haven't recieved my KnitPicks order though.

By the way, thanks for all your compliments on the Green Apple Cardi! Those really make my day. I've actually got more compliments on it in real life than anything else I've made - one non knitting friend exclaimed "You knit that?!?! Wow, I didn't know people really knit stuff that looks like you could buy in the store!". Heh. Shows how much she knows.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    I'm glad you've got your computer back, I'd be lost without mine. You'll soon get it back to how you like it.

    The socks look good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home