babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Distractions

So working in bookstores has its perks. We get sent advance reader copies of books coming out and I happened to open one of the packages.

It couldn't have been more perfect, the other employees & I started cracking up as I pulled it out.
Knitting! Drinking! Sex! Could it be more perfect for me? Heh.

Of course, as I skimmed the first couple of chapters, I realized it's a not very good chicklit book - the characters are really annoying me so far. I mean I like some chicklit but most of the stuff is not very well written. But I feel it is my duty to slog my way through it.

So I have been, um, distracted, from my knitting lately (I finished the toe of the second Toe Up Dancing Sock during the grossest episode of Deadwood I've seen - it beats the first season with Veronica Mars getting her head bashed in. Not to say it wasn't excellent though.) I don't have anything on that front to write about. I have been reading though - more than dumb chicklit - currently working my way through Stumbling on Happiness, which actually I think is contributing to my overall good mood lately. I mean, it's not a self help book but some of the points he brings up is making me re-evaluating things in my life and my feelings. I like to bring up the fact at work that my friend, who recently walked out of her job, read this before running off. Heh. Not my style.

Okay, out of time. Y'know, I used to have a lot more time on the computer here (at my coffeehouse) before I started talking to people here. Look at Stacey having a life.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Gewel said…

    It's good to have a life, chica. :)

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard an interview on NPR with Daniel Gilbert. Stumbling sounds like a facinating book!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home