babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

FO - Finally!

I think it's been a month since I've actually had a FO. Jeez. Hot weather + new bf = not much knitting time. But I finally completed the Toe Up Dance socks!


I think I need to invest in a new camera. Ugh.

The Stats:

Started - June 15th 2006

Competed Aug 1 2006

Pattern - Basic Toe Up with Beaded Rib from Sensational Knit Socks

Yarn - Knit Picks Dancing in Swing

Needles - 2.5 US dps (I think...it's all worn off my needles)

Modifications - made the cuff shorter than normal because I got bored.

Will I make it again? - I like doing socks toe up, but for some reason I can't bind off correctly - one I just BO normally, the other I used a larger needles size. But both are too tight. I'm afraid I'll break them. But otherwise, I liked them, even if it did take me forever to do.

These were actually going to be for a friend of mine but she has completly disappeared. Sigh. So now they are mine, all mine. I have them on now, actually - even wore something to work to show them off (not that anyone has noticed yet.)

But the next project will be for someone who will appreciate it.


Baby Booties for my soon to be born new niece! And if she doesn't appreciate them, her mom will.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely, lovely socks. I really like the way the Dancing looks in that stitch pattern.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home