babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The upside of being sick

So in between bouts of sleeping (many many hours of sleeping) I actually have a FO. Granted it's little baby socks but still...FO for me!
Baby Megan Sockies

The Stats
Started - August 4th
Completed August 6th
Pattern - Just a basic sock pattern
Yarn - Debbie Bliss's Baby Cashmerino in Violet
Needles - 2.5 US dps (my standard sock needles)
Will I make it again? Well I plan on using up all my leftover yarn for the new niece & baby nephews so yes. Although I'm going to try to make the toes less weird. Maybe toe up next time? Basically, the only take about an hour or two for each sockie, so quick knits.

Back to work today...which wasn't fun. I'm not sick with the flu or whatever I had but now I have...well my body aches like hell. And it's a crazy week - I'm STILL doing 2 jobs & I had a lovely 3 day weekend planned - meeting the BF's mom (eek) and relaxing - now I have to work on Thursday at 6am. Right in the middle of the "weekend". Suckage. I think I'm getting so drained - for me, trying to balance work & an actual social life is something I haven't had to do for quite awhile. Work is draining the energy out of me - I don't hate it & I'm not miserable there like I was a few months ago - but it is getting to me. Probably why I got sick & SLEPT all weekend.

But I can't say I would trade the CoffeeBoy or the past month for anything. All together now - "Awww..."

Yeah, what can I say, I'm smit.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute socks!

    Sorry you've been sick, but glad things are going so well in your social life!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home