babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

New things

We got these:

I made this:

(just a simple facecloth, with size 7 needles & Sugar & Cream yarn, CO 37 stitches. Knit 4 rows. *row 1 - knit. row 2 k 3 stitches, then p1 k1 until the last 3 stitches, k the last 3 stitches.* Repeat ** until almost desired lenghth, then knit last 4 rows. The purls give a nice nubbly cloth)

Unfortunatly, I also got this:It's not as scary as it looks but my thumb hurts a lot to move - better today than yesterday I will say. It was really swollen & kept it taped up all day - which, by the way, is not a fun way to try to make coffee drinks all day. I bought a splint to keep it from moving & it seems to have helped as the swelling's down today but it's still stiff & sore. And I have no idea how it happened. I may have pinched a nerve? Sprained it? Jarred it? No idea. Put me off my knitting for a day or two though.

On to the move! Should be fun with a sore thumb...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home