babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Sunday, November 12, 2006

My what a busy week

(with apologies to the Mercury, whom I stole that title from)

First up, a FO

Started: Oct 24

Completed Nov 5

Pattern: Fetching

Yarn: Wool of The Andes in Coal

Needles: Size 7 dbl pt set of 5

Will I make it again? No doubt on that one. I love them. The were quick to knit up (I would have been done in like 3 days there was a bit of a lag because I started the Dream in Color scarf, plus I was working on the Jaywalkers) and I've wore them nearly everyday. This was the first time I used WofA too, and I enjoyed it more than the other pure wools I've used. I would like to make more in the cashmere/wool blend it calls for - although with all the controversy, it's doubtful I'll use Debbie Bliss. I prefer Cashsoft anyway. Also, this was my first time doing any kind of cables and as it went on, I really enjoyed it.
Here's a close up:As always, not the best quality of photos. I really need to get myself a digital camera.


So...I know I said that these were going to be for the boy...the first thing I knit for him. But I changed my mind - not that he doesn't like them or anything but they are definitly more "me" than him. I'm actually going to try to find a pattern for some fingerless gloves - with seperate fingers - for him. I haven't been looking that hard because - eek! - it's time to start on some Christmas gifts

Which would be nice to start on if my freaking KnitPicks order would arrive.

It's been over 2 weeks & according to the tracking, it's been sitting at a Portland post office since last Saturday. Give me my stuff mr. postman! I need to get started on them. I don't really want to think about the holidays yet but it's impossible to not start when you're a knitter. I have some ideas and actually, when it comes to my mom & sister's family, I have a little bit of extra time because they are all going to CA for the holidays so we won't have Christmas together. A little sad but I have the boy & my friends. Still, I know I'm going to be really weirded out on Christmas eve, since that was always the best part of the holidays with my family.

Thanksgiving, however is the day I usually spend with my friends but this year I need to go home to see the family. A bit stressful because there are all these plans with my groups of friends, since I always spend Thanksgiving with them. I feel so torn & stressed.

Anyway, I've been working a million hours & just not at home so I don't have any other knitty updates - the Dream in Color scarf is about 28 inches - about halfway done - and the Jaywalkers are somewhat coming along - the bus & train riding has been too crowded to knit because of the downpour of rain that seems to start as soon as I get off of work. (the less said about my ride/walk home last Monday the better. Sheets of rain, crowded bus with 30 jr high kids, & puddles the size of lakes about covers it).

Now I'm off to work on my day off for some stupid staff meeting. No days off until next Friday. Sigh.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love your Fetching! The cables look great! As for a fingerless glove pattern, I'm really partial to Knucks (from Knitty) -- they're pretty easy and I think they'd be great for a guy.

    Hope you get your KnitPicks order soon!

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said…

    Beautiful job on the fetchings!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home