babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Yarn diet starts on Jan 1st, right?

Did some damage today...but everything here has a project planned for it - not even anything for myself!

From Close Knit:

1 ball of Mission Falls 1824 wool in red for a hat for one of the nephews, 3 balls of Mission Falls Wool 1824 in black for a cowl for the BiL and to finish the gloves for CoffeeBoy, and 1 hank of Manos in purple tones for My So Called Scarf for a friends birthday.

From JoAnn's:


3 balls total of Paton's Wool (red, denim, black)for various hats & such for the nephews, 1 ball of Sensation's Licorice inMulti Purple/Pinks for a scarf the eldest neice & 1 ball of Sensation's Dolcetto in pink for the baby niece. I'm kinda in love with the Dolcetto - a super soft wool/cotton blend. I really wanted to buy some of the green for myself but I held back. See, I'm trying to get better.

A quote from the CoffeeBoy (who braved the shopping with me) when I said I'm going on a yarn diet because I have too much. "You can never have too much yarn." Yes, this is why I love this man. And why I really need to finish the fingerless gloves for him.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said…

    *blink blink* My eyes hurt. Flash please? Daylight? Photoshop? It's too dark for me to see.

    But hey! Yay for enhancing the stash!

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice haul! I love the quote from CoffeeBoy - sounds like he's a keeper! ;-)

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Sorry turtle, I was too excited about my stash to wait for daylight...I will be taking some better daylight photos soon...or maybe I should bite the bullet & get a new camera! :)

    Thanks Amber, I agree!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home