babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, January 11, 2007

back in black

So the trouble with trying to photograph a BLACK neckwarmer
  • it basically looks like a tube when you lay it out. (as in very boring)
  • my mannequin head is black (as in Black Betty) so you can't see it.
  • I need to pose with it, and it's difficult to see.
  • I have a large zit on my face & don't want to be photographed with it.
  • I look like a dork to all my neighbors outside.
Yet I prevail, so here is the long waited (for him, anyway) BiL neckwarmer:

Stats:
BiL Neckwarmer
Started: January 5
Completed: January 10th
Pattern: my own - just 2x2 rib round & round & round until I wanted to stab my eyes out.
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool in black - about 1 1/2 balls
Needles: size 7 16inch circs
Finished dimensions: (laying flat) 7 inches across, 10 inches long
Notes: My BiL asked for one of these a year ago to keep him warm when he's doing road construction or hunting or whatever he does since a scarf would get in the way. After looking around for a pattern & with advice from the Knittyboard, I just decided to a ribbed tube. Man, was it really boring to knit but at least the yarn is one my favorites. Not to mention superwash so we won't have the same problem as a hat I made him going into the wash ("it's a lot tighter now"...no kidding!). Anyway, I should be giving it to him or my sister next week. At least he'll get some use out of it.

Started a hat for my nephew:I'm not sure why it's green...but it works since I started calling this the Spidey hat since the nephew is a big Spiderman fan and that's what the colors remind me of. I had my sister measure his head to be sure it would fit (I think it will) and now he thinks she's nuts. I can just imagine my sister grabbing hold of him & measuring his head & not telling him why. It makes me laugh. Anyway hopefully this will protect him from the Green Goblin now.

And after all that is done, all the holiday gifts are gone to their happy owners & I don't have to look at them anymore, you know what I'm going to do?

Oh Green Gable, you could not hide at the bottom of my knitting basket for long. You will be mine. Oh yes, you will be mine.

And just something amusing. This is what the "Winter! Storm! 2007!" (imagine that in overexcited newscaster's voice) brought to my front yard:


And this is from my sister's place about 2 hours east of here:She is not amused by our "snow."

1 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said…

    Because I apparently have too much time on my hands, here's a fucked with version of the spidey hat so it's black and red.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/cbrockway/spidey.jpg

    Wee!

    Love the BiL neckwarmer. So simple, yet brilliant! And yay for Green Gable!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home