babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow Day!

Yep. Got a real one this week:This is my front yard at about 10am. Total shock - they'd been saying snow mixed with rain but nothing like this. When I came stumbling out of the bedroom to feed my whining lovely cat who thinks she starving all the time, I stood in shock at the window for a good minute.
So, since this Portland, downtown shut down so there was no work for me. This means I get to extend my 4 day weekend to a 5 day weekend! Which I need, after a very long couple of days. A day of knitting & tv watching! Caught up with 24 (only the first two, so fans, don't tell me what's happening next) which I enjoyed...but I realized that I do really hate having to wait to see the next part - I watched all the season until last season on DVD which I could watch all in a row (and did so.) but I got really into it last season and I HATED waiting a full week between episodes. No wonder TV on DVD is so popular. I had planned on catching up with Rome but my OnDemand wasn't working...so that'll be put off until later tonight when I can watch it on the of the HBO channels we get.

CoffeeBoy still went in today which worried me a lot. I realize he can drive just fine (born in CO, lived in AK) but PDXers do not know what to do with the snow (myself included). It's supose to be really bad tonight - not more snow, but frozen roads. He apparently got there okay, now I get to worry about the drive back.

I'll leave you with a couple of cute hats I made for the nephews with some Paton's wool. I'm knitting myself a new hat so I want to get back to that!
Stay safe everyone

2 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Hi, found you on Pacific NW Fiber Bloggers--I'm in the PDX area too. Nice knitting! & just wanted to let you know that the new episode of "Rome" is well worth the wait. Stay safe in the ice & snow, this time it'll stick around at least another day.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rome is definitely worth finding the time for. It's one of my favorite shows! We got some freezing rain and snow but not as bad as some areas and maybe you, but being in MO we're a little more used to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home