babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Blah

I haven't updated for a week or so for several reasons. Mostly because it's been a horrid week at work - I do not talk much about work anymore after several comments from employees have lead me to believe that someone has read this in the past (and if he is out there - "hi - and go away. I will not be talking about you or the company"). But mostly it was customers - or rather, noncustomers - starting with a drunk/homeless guy pissing on 2 shelves of books. I wish I was kidding. It didn't get much better as my week went on - crazies, drunks, & theives - oh my!

And also because I've been working on Wicked & a sweater WIP isn't that exciting.

See?
Not exciting at all.

And I'm annoyed because I will not have enough yarn. Because I'm dumb sometimes. I put a call out for more Swish Jade but I think I'm just going to have to order more & see if they have the same dyelot. And since I cannot order KnitPicks without going up to $45 - really what's the point? - I'm going to order some Bare & maybe some acid dyes - I really want to get into dying my own yarn. I've tried Kool-Aid but I want deep rich colours.

Part of my new interest is because I've been listening to way way too much Lime & Violet - catching up on old episodes. And of course I've been having the itch to make more socks - I ordered some Lisa Souza's Lime & Violet Sock! yarn - sock yarn does not count towards stashbusting! And I cast on for a new pair of socks out of some stashThis is Blue Moon's Sock Candy I bought way back last summer because I was feeling low so I got a colourway I don't normally buy - blues, greys, & yellows. I'm just going to make some anklets with them. Maybe it'll brighten my days

Speaking of Blue Moon, I know they are going to be at Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene and I'm so there - I got the time off at work already. Anyone else in Oregon going? I'm kinda excited - it'll be my first fiber fest. And since it's in Eugene, my moms coming too. Good times.

Since I was annoyed about Wicked, I decided to play with my Malabrigo.
Cabled Headband
Started: January 29th
Completed January 31st
Pattern: Cable & Bobble Headband from Interweave Knits, winter 2006
Yarn: Malabrigo, Verde Adriana colourway, less than half a hank
Needles: Size 8US
Notes: I had started this as another Panta but when I was flipping through IK, I decided I wanted to try this out. I decided I needed a thinner headband & wanted to play with cables. I realized after I completed it that the bobbles are not a good look on a headband - I looked like an alien. So no bobbles. I also decided to just connect the pieces instead of ties. BUT! I do love the yarn & the look of how it is knitted up! It's purty. (not to mention my favourite colour) So when it gets warmer, I'll have a headband to wear.

Special note to my SP - just because I made yet another headwrap does not mean I don't need another! It's my addiction. BTW, my SP rules - she's kept me cheered up durring my horrid work week. I'm having so much fun with this Mellow SP, I can't wait to mail my package out this week!

I'll leave you with a pic of me & CoffeeBoy - he came out when I was taking a picture of the headband.
Celebrating our day off together.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! How awful about the work stuff. :-(

    I love the headband -- green is my favorite color!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes! Sorry about your work day and the possibility of running out of yarn. If you call Knit Picks customer service they can tell you which dye lot is currently shipping. (Don't ask me how I know.)

    I love all your green knitting. I'm always tempted to knit everything in green, but I resist since I probably have like 18 green sweaters.

    Oh, and you definitely should order some Bare and dye. I had so much fun dyeing. Just be careful if you have carpet (don't ask me how I know that either).

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger T... said…

    Ohh I'm so sorry about the yarn situation. I happen to have one and a half skeins of Jade Swish in lot 4255 left over from a sweater. Email me if this would be of any help.

    Tamara

    talmeyda@ufl.edu

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hm . . are you already making the short sleeved version? How short are you?? If you dropped the front pocket, or made something a few rows shorter, would that help??

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Christy said…

    The Wicked is looking good, too bad about the yarn shortage. I definitely need to recheck my stash to try to find a yarn for it.
    And the Malabrigo looks yummy.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Gewel said…

    Awww... So cute together! Good stuff on the knitting. Looks like you've been busy. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home