babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Knittin' along

Again, it's been a week since I last updated - mostly because I've been getting home after dark & unwilling to take any pictures - a post with out pictures isn't worth it. But it's also been an exhausting week - work, my mom's having medical problems, work, some girl after my CoffeeBoy, (I'm not worried he's going to find a new CoffeeGirl, but it's really annoying), and most of all, exhausting work. The bus mall has moved to right in front of our store - while it's been great for my cafe sales, it's brought in a lot of nutjobs - see previous post about the guy who pissed on 2 shelves of books. So all day long I'm kicking people out - topping it off with a guy who threatened me with bodily harm last night. Sigh.

Don't you wish you had my job?

Anyway, I just have to say how much I LOVE the internet knitting community - first of all I got 2 fun things this week in the mail
The needles are Audi Turbos I got in a swap from LizKnits - my first Audis! All for a ball of Magic Stripes - I'm am so thankful for it. Socks on 2 circs, here I come! The very cool card they are on top of is from my very awesome SecretPal! It's a gorgeous photo & had lots of cute things written in it! Thanks SP!

Another reason why I love the internet knitting community is Tamara, who commented on my last post where I bemoaned my stupidity about starting Wicked without enough yarn, has offered to send her leftover Swish! For free! Yah, Wicked is saved!

By the way, thanks for all the comments on my last post - comments give me such a warm fuzzy feeling!

Since Tamara offered to send me enough to finish Wicked, I picked it back up again after being angry at myself.
Yes, that is my very sexy pjs at the bottom. It's my day off.

So I've just split the sleeves off the main bit, now I'm in the middle of, as Miss Violet put it on a recent L&V podcast, 5 inches of stockinette hell. But anything is better than sewing pieces together - I always suck at the making up part of the sweater, which is why I tend to only do sweaters in the round. Plus I love how the "seams" look on the sleeve.Pretty! And even!

I just hope my Wicked looks as good as stitchywitch's. Aren't those photos beautiful?

Otherwise not much more knitting going on...I frogged the SockCandy sock I started last week (too small). I also don't think I like the yarn all that much so I might swap it away. Anyone out there interested? I'm becoming obsessed with making more socks - again too much Lime & Violet. I haven't gotten my Lisa Souza yet but since I got my tax returns this week, I treated my self a bit to an order from Little Knits - not a huge order, but some awesome sales on sock yarn. I'll have a separate post when I get it, hopefully soon. I got the priority shipping and they are just up in Seattle.

I think I'm totally breaking out of the yarn diet too. Just like other diets, I'm doomed to failure. But you know, it's okay. I still plan on working mostly from stash (except for socks - I don't really have any good sock yarns, as I just realized.)

Oh, I also dyed some yarn with Kool-Aid. I used a yarn with a mix of wool & cotton so it's not as deep as a colour as I would like (it's the Sensation's Dolcetto, like the one I used to make my niece's hat & booties) but I like it. I think I used 5 packets of black cherry & a couple of regular cherry. It was very fun so next time - all wool & deeper colours.

Um, the photo is having issues. I guess it'll have to wait.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you've got some more Swish coming your way.

    I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and this is in no way meant to be a personal criticism, but you've really got to get a better camera. The first three times I saw that first photo, I thought it was a black and white picture of a front porch in the Nebraska wilderness circa 1923. How weird is that?! Maybe it's just me...

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Stacey said…

    No not just you, I put it up because it looked more interesting than just the card & needles

    I do need a better camera - anyone have any suggestions for a good priced digital camera? I get overwellmed by the choices!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the nice words about my pictures! (I noticed someone linking me and followed it here)

    I have a Canon Powershot A80. I bought it off ebay in the fall for under $100 shipped with a memory card , batteries, and a battery charger. I'd definitely recommend it! Your wicked looks great - and it's my favorite color!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home