babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Follow me down to the Rose Parade

I have a new pattern to start after the Christmas presents are done (because I needed another one):


It's from the new issue of Knitty. I really really want a shrug (and not The Shrug That Is Ruining My Life.) and this looks nice & cozy. Plus, I want to try cables, since I never have (see, I'm still sorta a novice knitter as I said below) So perfect! Just to add to the million or so projects I want to do. But I'm thinking of using this lovely green Sierra from KnitPicks. I haven't actually ordered anything from Knit Picks before but I'm anxious to try it out. But not until after Christmas! I promise!

Today was my big discount day at work so I picked up a couple Christmas gifts for the fam. For my mom, it was At Knits End by the Yarn Harlot herself. I think my mom will enjoy it, I thought it was hysterical. For Nephew G, I got The Belly Button Book by Sandra Boyton. Cutest book ever. For Nephew C I got some creepy bug book & puzzle to go with the bee slippers. My sister is getting Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen since it's tradition to find some mystery writer she hasn't read before. (I've read Hiaasen's kids books Hoot & Flush but not his adult books. I love the kids books though, they're very clever & fun). And I only got 2 things for myself. Inkspell since I don't own it yet. Love love love Cornelia Funke especially Thief Lord, one of my very favourite books ever. And since I'm an Austen nerd, What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew. There's still 5 more days of this craziness so who knows what else I'll pick up.

Okay, that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home