babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Friday, June 09, 2006

Going Crazy

It would figure that it rained my entire vacation. I went back to work this week & it was lovely & sunny...and now on my weekend it's crappy out again.

So I'm back in my local free wifi cafe (so-so coffee, good food), waiting for some Deadwood to finish downloading and trying to desperatly not to think about smoking. Yes yes, I said I was quiting back in March but uh, I didn't do so hot. Now I really am going to do it this time but it's so difficult, I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin all of the time, and I'm a real pain in the ass most of the time - part of me wants to go out with friends, but when I go out - such as last Saturday went to a soccer game - great fun, I end up drinking way way way too much & just automatically smoking. And I really don't want to smoke anymore for all the reason I shouldn't. But it's really hard to change a long term habit.

I got my KnitPicks order yesterday - yah! I ended up casting on for the Leaf Edged Bolero instead of Green Gable first. It's going to be purty. But hey, I might go crazy & CO for the Green Gable too. And the sock yarn...wow. It's all I can do not to start another pair of socks. One of the Dancing ones - probably Swing - is going to be for a friend of mine. So if I CO for that, it won't count, right?

Right.

I swear my knitting ADD is worse now not smoking, I can't concentrate on anything. Although, that was the advice my friend who quit gave me - when I want a cig, just start doing something else. (Though he does not knit. That would be highly amusing though.)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said…

    Even though no cigs makes it hard to concentrate, stick to more knitting. Do simple mindless stuff. It will help you A. keep the hands busy, B help regulate your heart and blood pressure. Just got to keep at it.
    You are a winner being a quitter!!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dancing is nice yarn, isn't it? Can't wait to see the bolero and green gable.

    As for the multiple WIPs -- I think it's much better to cast on than to light up! ;-) Hang in there!

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Ooo yes, knit not smoke.

    Looking forward to seeing your projects.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home