babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The sun does come out in the PNW

Ah the lovely sun is back, it has improved my mood somewhat, although yesterday was a very difficult day at work. I got my ass chewed real good this week but the AUM twice. I mean I realize I have been distracted at work but that? Was uncalled for. It was really hurtful to hear - I don't give a shit what they think of me but when it was brought up that my staff thought I was a poor leader, that went too far. Anyway, the gist of it is, I'll be a cafe grrrl no longer in a couple of weeks and instead work in the bookstore. I was told "temporarily" and this "was not a reward" and other assy things. Ugh. I mean, I am excited to do something new but they way it was told to me pummeled my already shakey self esteem and made me feel like I'm a piece of shit manager. Of course the announcement was all ass kissing - the number one cafe in the company! - but that didn't seem to matter.

Not to mention that the two people I'm closest too at work both applied for a sup position and while I am really happy that the one who got it did (and deserves a supervisor position), it smacks of political talking. I think the decision was made before the interviews even started and that makes me angry. Don't get me wrong, the person who will be filling my position is fantastic & a really great friend. And most of all, will kick ass running my cafe. I just think the other will be able to stand up to AUM much more. Which is probably why the decision fell that way.

I guess I should censor myself because I don't know who reads this - there used to be a link on my MySpace page so I'm sure one or two coworkers has seen it. I took it off so I could keep this a little more private, but who knows who still has that link somewhere around.

Sorry for the cursing.

Wait, wasn't I in a good mood?

So the sun is out! Yah! But even the sun could not keep me from a yarn store.

I guess I'm kinda addicted to socks now. It makes sense, since even though it's close to summer, I (and recipients) still need to wear socks. I decided to try something new - honestly I should have just ordered more KnitPicks sock yarn (and I probably will) but I felt the need to buy something today. I shouldn't have but...c'est la vie. Anyway, if you can't see the label, it's Lana Grossa Cotton Multiriungel. I went with a more neutral colours than I usually do since I may make a pair for someone else. I'm excited to start them. Who would have thought that I would be really into socks now after this post? And the damn Haunted Socks that took me 3 years to complete?

But first I want to finish my stargazers:


Taken on my "balcony" or rather, the fire escape. Anyway, I love the way the yarn stripes, it looks really cute. And look! I cast on the second sock as soon as I finished the first one! So hopefully I'll have a complete pair in the next few days. I will be using this yarn again, it's so lovely to wear. I think I'm going to make my yet-unborn neice a pair of booties & a hat with rest of the yarn - there's a lot left over. Of course it's not the best yarn for babies since it's hand washed but I don't know what else to do with it!

And to leave, another picture, this one the view from my fire escape, since I can't do the front door pics that have been floating around - no one wants to see my dingy apt building hallway. I've been spending a lot of time out on the fire escape, since it's been so nice out. The only problem is, I share it with my semi-creepy next door neighbor (white boy wannabe gangsta, complete with the stupid stupid stupid visor on sideways - I never understand why ANYONE thinks that is attractive or practical. But I am old.). I never saw him out there until this week and now he's out there All. The. Time. It's annoying because he can see right inside my apt when he's out on the fire escape and I caught him & a friend staring in at me while I was lounging in my chair, knitting (of course). Eek. Cree-py. I know I probably looked like the sexiest thang in my sweats & my knitting but urgh. This is my haven. So go away, wannabe gangstas.



Now to update the template. Good lord have I neglected it. I apologize that the scrolling marquee is annoying for people on the rings, I'll try to fix it today.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger Rain said…

    Grrrrrrrr I hate it when work people catch you out with something shit.

    Still, you get to do something different.

    Love the way the pink socks are turning out.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love your stargazer!!

    Sorry about all the stuff that's going on at work! Hope it gets better soon! Or, maybe you can find a new job -- someplace where they appreciate you and the management isn't so shitty!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, did it hurt when they pulled that load of shit out of their asses?

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger HPNY KNITS said…

    socks ARE sooo addicting> I find it as well. I keep wanting to make more, and of course, must buy more sock yarn!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home