babbling brook

just random thoughts on knitting, reading, life & other things I like

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Home, finally.

So...it's been awhile since a proper post. I do have the excuse of moving I supose but I also have plenty on internet time - yah for having internet access for real! I am so very happy here (not just because of the internet access - honest!), knowing that this is OUR house, with the good (I love the house, there's so much room (compared to my apt), being all domestic with the boy) and the bad (leaves are now my deadly enemy, the cost, etc). I've been a bit lonely the past few days - I'm on vacation (seems like that's what always happens on my vacations) and the boy is working late. I am spending a lot of time setting up things but we definitly need some book cases - I still have my 15 boxes of books, not to mention the boys many many book boxes.

And I've been knitting - Jaywalker on the bus & train (not quite done yet, so I won't finish before the end of October) and a pair of Fetching for the boy:I hope they don't look too girly - of course, he said he liked them, but I don't know. I do know I love them - I can't believe I haven used the Wool of Andes yarn I ordered almost a year ago yet. Man, that is some great stuff - I like it more than a lot of the wools I've used for things like this - the Brown Sheep worsted for my poptarts for instance - it's really easy to knit with & seems very sturdy. I wouldn't use it for anything like a scarf - too itchy - but it's fantastic for gloves & felting - which since I have a washer here, I can do! Woo Hoo! Fuzzy Feet! Anyway...this was my first cable project as well, I'm not quite as comfortable with it as I'd like to be but I do like how they turned out. Now for the second one!

I also placed (I think) a KnitPicks order - yes, probably not what I should be doing, but they are for Christmas gifts. I ordered the Bacchus in the Bathtub & a bunch of Shine Worsted for them. And a couple of colours of Swish to try out. A friend of our asked for a scarf so I'm using the navy & black for that and maybe a pair of Jade Fetching for myself. But I'm not sure if it went through or not - I got the confirmation email but the stuff is still in my basket on the website. If I don't hear anything else by tomorrow, I'm going to give them a call.

That's about it for now. I leave you with Mina, lounging in the new home. Notice the (sigh) boxes in the background.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Fetching glove looks great! Is this the first thing you've knit for the boy? I still haven't knitted a thing for my dh...he's too damn picky and I'd hate to spend weeks knitting something only to have it sit in a drawer. Not that plenty of my own knits don't sit in my drawer...but whatever. ;-)

    Good luck with all the unpacking -- hope it goes fast!

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Thanks so much! It's the first thing I've knit for CB - I started some socks but I dont' think he'll like them so they're going to my BIL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home